Acupuncture Treatments at DeFabio Spine & Sports Rehab
Acupuncture treatments are an important part of alternative and Oriental medicine, also known as traditional Chinese medicine or TCM. Acupuncture can help individuals to achieve and sustain good health, as well as relieve stress and pain to improve your quality of life. This safe and gentle treatment has been refined over the centuries and is performed here at DeFabio Spine & Sports Rehab by our expert acupuncturist, Amanda DeFabio Occhipinti. Acupuncture can accompany our other forms of chiropractic care as part of a holistic treatment plan for complete wellness.
What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is a component of Oriental medicine, designed to support and encourage your body’s natural ability to heal itself. Acupuncture can boost your immune system, improving both your physical health and your emotional well being. Acupuncture seeks to help your body reach a balance of energy by adjusting the Chi) or energy flow). Our holistic acupuncture treatments are tailored to your specific needs. Amanda offers focused acupuncture therapies to help you meet your health goals. Acupuncture not only treats many medical conditions it also improves symptoms and promotes overall wellness.
Some of the major advantages of Amanda's acupuncture services in Berkeley Heights NJ include relief of symptoms arising from:
- Musculoskeletal pain, including back pain and neck pain
- Joint pain, such as knee pain
- Muscle spasm
- Depression or emotional pain
- Digestive issues
- And more
Additional acupuncture advantages include:
- Natural approach - Acupuncture, like chiropractic care, includes no medication. Your acupuncturist achieves healing and health maintenance for you via stimulation of precise acupuncture points in the body.
- Promotes energy balance - Balanced energy flow is key to boosting the immune system, improving resiliency and increasing your quality of life.
- Impacts peacefulness - Acupuncture is a gentle practice, done in a quiet and calm manner. Acupuncture is never rushed. Appropriate stimulation of acupuncture points on the body promotes a meditative and stress-free atmosphere that can be a welcome contrast from the pace of everyday life.
- Customized treatment - Versatile acupuncture treatment can be designed and personalized to suit your needs for total wellness.
What Can I Expect During My Acupuncture Visit?
After speaking with and examining you, Amanda begins treatment to balance the energy flow within your system. You will be asked to lie face down, face up or on your side. Amanda uses tiny, hair thin needles to stimulate specific spots on your body. You may not be aware of the needle insertion. A variable number of needles are used and they may be gently stimulated to vibrate. Needles may be left in place in your skin for up to 30 minutes. Most patients find the acupuncture treatment to be relaxing and soothing. Many will lose track of time, emerging refreshed, calm yet energized.
Licensed Acupuncturist in Berkeley Heights NJ
Amanda DeFabio Occhipinti, our Licensed Acupuncturist, and Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist provide acupuncture treatments at DeFabio Spine & Sports Rehab, LLC in Berkeley Heights, NJ. Call us today at 908-771-0220 to schedule your treatment with our acupuncturist.